Divine Surgery


Modern surgery has made amazing advances and has saved and improved countless lives.  Over 150 years ago, Mary Baker Eddy, a Christian healer and teacher, discovered an even more advanced form of surgery - surgery conducted by God, or divine Principle as Eddy referred to Deity.  Eddy called her discovery "Christian Science" and described God's "operating" method this way in her book Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures.
"The physical healing of Christian Science results now, as in Jesus' time, from the operation of divine Principle, before which sin and disease lose their reality in human consciousness and disappear as naturally and as necessarily as darkness gives place to light and sin to reformation."
My father experienced this divine surgery.  One day he urgently called me to his office where I found him holding his head in great pain.  He asked me to call an experienced Christian Scientist to treat him, and I did.  A full explanation of Christian Science treatment is presented in Eddy's book.

After a few days had passed, my father was worried about this condition, so he went to a hospital emergency room for an examination.  The doctors informed him that he had an aneurysm and scheduled surgery for him the next day.  In the meantime, he continued to have Christian Science treatment.

The next day, the doctors did a pre-surgical examination and could not find any sign of the aneurysm.  They saw no need to operate and my father was released from the hospital after another day.

A few years later, my father took a physical examination for his pilot's license.  He told the examining doctor that he'd had an aneurysm.  The doctor said, "No, if you'd had one, I would have detected it in my examination.  My father was completely healed.  All signs of a problem had disappeared as naturally as darkness gives place to light!

You can read Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures online or purchase it from Amazon or any major book retailer.  It is also available for sale or study at the Christian Science Reading Room in Evergreen, Colorado at 4602 Plettner Lane.